Sunday, April 28, 2013

adore me

094 (600x402)

A few months ago, Adore Me contacted me for another product review (I love these people :)  I've been a member since the last time I reviewed a set of lingerie for them, and I have bought a few pieces here and there on my own.  This time, I was on the lookout for basic nude t-shirt bra and panties to wear on the road trip (because prissy lace lingerie is always fun, but for three months on the road I needed something practical).  I specifically wanted a set that was convertible to strapless, so I chose the Brigitte set (unfortunately, the set I really wanted was sold out in my size--one of the only downsides of ordering from such a small boutique site is that they seem to sell out of everything so fast, but that's only really a problem if you're as incredibly indecisive as I am).  Because the Brigitte isn't really meant to be worn without straps, I also cashed in one of my credits for the Elana set to cover my bases.

088 (600x402) 091 (600x402)

When I received the set late last week, I was amazed at how comfortable it was!  I've never owned a genuine t-shirt set, and it was so powdery soft it was like being covered by a cloud.  It also fit me like a glove, which always helps.  My biggest concern was that the set would be invisible underneath a basic white tee, which I imagine will be a staple of my road trip wardrobe.  Sure enough, it was!

038 (437x800)

There is a lot to love about Adore Me.  My favorite thing is that when you buy five sets you get one free, which definitely appeals to the bargain-hunter in me :)  Besides, at $39.95 per set (and sales and deals to spare!), it's practically a steal.  Even better, Adore Me offers free shipping AND free returns and exchanges, which is such a relief, especially for the first few purchases when you're not sure about sizing.  There are also gift cards available, and items preselected for a variety of occasions, in case floundering fellows are looking for ideas. The newest section of the site (at least, I don't remember it being there last year) is the swim section!  With summertime rapidly approaching, now would be a good time to head over and check out their collection (everyone gets 20% their first purchase, which is clever, because once you're sucked in you'll never want to leave)!

When shopping for bras and panties, you can organize your search by shape, size, color, or style.  The only thing that I was wishing for when I was searching was an actual "search" function so that I could look specifically for "strapless" (although I suppose that could also be fixed by simply adding strapless sets to the list of styles).  This would be my only (very minor) complaint as far as navigating the site was concerned (and it only came up because I was looking for something very specific--usually I'm happy to browse).  I joined the site because I saw enough there that made me think I would want to keep coming back on a regular basis (and sure enough, I do), but if you're not ready to commit to the monthly "skipping" you can also purchase as a pay-as-you-go customer--nobody gets left out!

If you do decide to check them out, click HERE!  Not only will you get 50% off (that brings your first set to $20!), but I'll get a free set!  Here's to friends who help friends buy fancy underwear :)

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Good site, I really like it. This bra and panties is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete