Thursday, September 27, 2012

in which i see london i see pants

Photobucket

Let me be clear: I am not a pants person.  Moreover,  my body type + high-waisted pants = disaster, usually.  I remember getting super excited about a pair of soft, high-waisted bell bottom jeans back when I lived in Portland (actually, I tried them on with this "FRANCE" shirt because I thought they would look great together). Needless to say, yikes--only the shirt came home with me.  And while this perfectly plum-colored pair isn't the most flattering article of clothing I own, I feel like they sort of work.  Plus, boy do they nip in my waist!  

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Picture005two-1 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(pants/scarf/belt: thrifted; shirt: urban outfitters; trench: h&m; shoes: charlotte russe; glasses: c/o glassesusa.com)

I have been so scatterbrained this week.  My grocery shopping was really ineffective this weekend so I have pretty much gone to the store every night this week.  I've also had some random errands to run that have eaten up all of my evenings, and I have still more to do.  Tonight I intend to drink wine, relax, and do some alterations on items for the shop.  I haven't been to the gym in like, two weeks.  Saving money isn't working.  Oh, bother.

On a happier note, I was able to create this bun with a twist and some bobby pins, which is something I never thought I would be able to do (since my hair weighs about 400 pounds).  Huzzah!

7 comments:

  1. These pants are just perfect, you look wonderful in them. I'm so jealous, I want a pair exactly like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I think you're perfect in those pants! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those pants. It's not generally a look I feel flatters me either, but sometimes it's really just a question of the indvidual pants...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I think those pants look great on you and the color is fantastic. And those leopard print shoes are perfect with them too. I would definitely wear those pants if I owned them! Very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hattitude Style Blog

    i LOOOOOOVE these pants caitlin! that plum colour of high waisted pants you thrifted! what a score! lucky duck!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie

    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been awhile since I've commented, but I have to say - you look awesome. Rock this look with pride!!

    ReplyDelete