Wednesday, April 4, 2012

in which you promised me a rose garden

Photobucket

This coat was the only thing I bought (miraculously) while Steph was visiting.  As soon as I saw it on the rack at Second Time Around, I knew I had to have it for Easter week. (There was also a really great velvety mustard blazer that I would have bought if it had been a size smaller... I'm willing to work with sizes at Goodwill, but not for $40.)  Anyway, I'm pretty much in love with this coat, so I'm satisfied.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(coat: second time around; blouse: from steph; skirt: from mom; shoes: seychelles; socks: uo)

(My favorite part is the back.)

I finally finished my dress last night!  I need to wait for some more summery weather to wear it--it's too bright and sunshine-y for spring (and not even remotely warm), but I like seeing it hanging happily in my closet, for now.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week (after laundry night is over, that is).  Even though I was reminded that K has to work on Friday (and Saturday) night, I have Art Club tomorrow, a potential girls' night on Saturday, and then Easter at Log Town on Sunday--yay!  Hopefully somewhere in there I will have time to start my next dress and do a little bit of writing.  I'm still trying to figure out the best way to print copies of the book for tomorrow night... such a procrastinator!

Also, is Mercury still in retrograde?  It seems to be messing with a lot of my friends lives, so if it could please get back on track that would be great, thanks.

5 comments:

  1. that is one fantastic coat! kudos on the excellent find. Can't wait to see the dress you have been working on!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the coat is SO pretty! I love the springy pastel colours <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee perfect Easter Week coat, I love it! Have fun at Art Club, I've got my own Creative Writers meet-up this evening (finally, inspired by your art club, got my act together and found one).

    ReplyDelete