Monday, January 16, 2012

in which i miss the weekend (and warm weather)

Photobucket

Hooooooooly smokes. I am amazed that I am still alive. I was only outside long enough to take about five pictures, and I thought my hands were going to fall off.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress/belt/sweatervest: thrifted; hat/tights: gift; boots: seychelles)

This weekend it was crazy cold. Today it is crazy cold. Friday there was a blizzard and I went straight home (skipped the gym--fail) to huddle under a blanket and watch Friday Night Lights with K. Saturday we were going to go bowling but we slept pretty late, so K made cinnamon rolls and we watched more Friday Night Lights. We decided to go see Sherlock Holmes that night, but after cleaning the snow and ice off of my car we realized that somehow it had filled with exhaust (I was sitting inside waiting for it to warm up, and suddenly felt like I was going to pass out--but my door was frozen shut, so that was even more terrifying). We cleaned off K's car and took that instead, but I was annoyed. The movie was good, and we continued our tradition of getting Moe's when it was over (buy one, get one 1/2 off!). The next morning we got up even later (it's hard to throw off those covers when it's this cold--even in a relatively warm, albeit drafty, apartment). I made Swedish pancakes, and we decided to go bowling that afternoon instead. When we started up my car it didn't fill up with exhaust, but the heat suddenly didn't work. So basically we said screw it, walked to the market for some groceries, and stayed in for the rest of the day. I won't lie, it was pretty relaxing. I'm finding it harder and harder to get going on Monday morning when weekends look like this (notice all of the ice on our window):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Swedish Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 c flour
1 c milk
4 eggs
1/2 c warm water
pinch of salt
sprinkle of cinnamon
bananas
jam
maple syrup

Directions:

Mix flour, milk, eggs, water, salt and cinnamon to make batter. Melt butter in pan and cook pancake until flippable, then flip and cook the other side. Spread jam on cooked pancake (I just do a strip down the middle), pile on the banana, roll up and smother with (real) maple syrup! This is one of my favorite quick-and-easy breakfasts :)

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty awesome weekend actually (minus the car issues and cold). It's gotten insanely cold here too, -20 right now. Not impressed!!
    I love the black, brown and gray combined in this look. Your little sweatervest is so cute!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looks sooo yummy...!

    by the way, what book is that? i started to read a sentence and thought it looked really interesting!! : )

    also, check out my blog; i nominated you for the Kreativ blogger award!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. adore your outfit and wonderful pieces, great pancakes as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds amazing. I love a good sleep-in be lazy weekend. You are also crazy brave running around in short sleeves and cute tights. I finally caved this weekend and put some real pants on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuute outfit! Love those polka dot tights and your hate is adorable :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit; it's super cute! The hat looks adorable on you :) Also, those pancakes sounds a-maz-ing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend sounds so perfectly relaxing. I have to try this recipe for Swedish pancakes too it sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fun polka dot tights look great with the black dress. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete