Wednesday, October 19, 2011

in which i time travel to november

Photobucket

For some reason this strikes me as more November than October-appropriate, probably because it's so dark. Man, did I go heavy on the scarves this morning :) I was wearing the small one at first, but couldn't make the outfit work with hat, so I threw this large one over it and voilĂ ! Instant match. I kind of liked the way they looked layered together, so I just left the little one hanging.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(turtleneck dress: american apparel; jumper/scarves/belt: thrifted; shoes: lulu*s; hat: tomorrow never knows via etsy)

Oy. Not feeling terribly loquacious today. It's just Wednesday, you know? I've been writing every night for the past four, so maybe I'm tapped out. On the subject of time travel, this autumn season has really made me want to rewatch those old favorites that capture that fall feeling so well (hence, E.T.). Next up has got to be Donnie Darko.

11 comments:

  1. I really love the double scarf and you've definitely fueled my desire for a cute pair of heeled loafers :)
    I am basically always in love with your outfits though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh double scarves, extra pattern, extra warmth! I love this colour of tights with this outfit, looks amazing with the dress. So perfect!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an amazing outfit. those colours are so inspiring!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog but you should really work on the quality of the photos, they look a little too compressed. Fabulous outfits though! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I totally love the colours you've got going on here, esoecially this beautiful scarf! The hat and tights are awesome too! Love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Halloween approaching I need to watch The Others again...so chilling and mind bending...

    I am almost out of words for your uber coolness and yet you keep these little gems coming! Love Love Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layered scarves and all the colors in this outfit! This is basically my dream autumn outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just reminded me to watch one of my favorite movies of all time, Arsenic and Old Lace. I need to rewatch it before Halloween! Also, I like the two scarves together in this outfit and your tights! You have so many nice fall-colored tights. I was influenced by you to buy some khaki/olive ones. Now if it could only get a little colder here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit.. It just works. You wear your hat unselfconsciously, which I think really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love what your tights and scarf did for this outfit...so perfect for Fall!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how the scarves look layered over one another. Your hat is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete