Wednesday, September 21, 2011

in which plaid meets plaid

Photobucket

This is why autumn is awesome. Because layers plaids is fun. Also, this blazer is amazing and I wish I could wear it every day (it's a-blaaaaaazing). Truth? This buffalo plaid men's shirt=my pajamas. I wear it to sleep, and then sometimes I just keep wearing it. Now you know all my secrets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blazer: plato's closet; plaid shirt/belt: thrifted; skirt/socks: stolen from mom; boots: seychelles; bag: uo)

Anyone else having problems with Photobucket today? It is being a menace, and I can't tell if it is the site or my computer... either way, boo hiss.

I did a little bit of math and determined that if I want to meet my self-set deadline for finishing the first draft of my novel (by the end of the year), I have to write ~4500 words/week. That kind of stresses me out, but I have written ~2000 so far this week, so maybe it won't be completely impossible. Time to buckle down! What projects are you all working on? I'd love to hear about some of your nonblog creative endeavors!

12 comments:

  1. now that my hair is getting longer i need a lesson in back combing and poofing. it just never seems to work like yours.

    also, you were "online" yesterday but you were not receiving messages. :(

    i am lonely, come online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like autumn personifed, glorious amounts of textures in this outfit. Good luck on the writing. I am forever trying to teach myself pattern cutting properly and also screen prining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh! This whole outfit is beautiful and I love it! I only wish it was cold enough in AZ for me to copy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering and texture/pattern mixes. You are the poster child for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! The perfect layered look. I love that plaid top and with that blazin' blazer it's so perfect! Ah so wonderful
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look perfect for autumn! I love that you are wearing your pajama shirt in a totally cute way and the elbow patches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! The plaids look awesome together! Good luck with the novel...it's inspiring that you're working on that =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rocking this!
    I love how you put this together ~ you mixmaster you!
    I adore fall clothing....the colors, the fabrics, the textures....warm and homey...{sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mixed plaids with all my heart!

    And yes, Autumn is a good time for seizing hold of your creative endeavours. You can definitely do 4,500 words a week if you mission it (surely you could even do the odd bit of writing at work)? ; D

    I've just started re-editing my book... not a well paid career choice, but I'm excited to make it better and try and find a publisher...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your plaid top with the pattern on your jacket. Awesome boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mixing of patterns. I am going to split hairs. A check is not technically a plaid. The jacket is a Prince of Wales-y Windowpane Check--not really a plaid. I am not at all sure I would call the checked shirt a plaid either.
    I was raised in kilts (read plaid).

    Love from Oregon USA,
    Danielle
    xoxoxoxo

    danielle celeste

    ReplyDelete