Monday, July 25, 2011

in which i've got sunshine on the soles of my shoes

Photobucket

It's Monday, so I couldn't think beyond a light little dress this morning. Even though this dress makes me look like a cupcake (or about seven months pregnant...), I still adore it. It's funky and fun! Lesson learned, however. Sizing can be tricky, so I appreciate the Modcloth folks telling me to size up on this one... except they lied. I sort of feel like I should have sized down, if anything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(rays the roof dress: modcloth; shoes: kaya; necklace: flea market)

It is days like this when I wish I had a rainbow of colorful shoes in my closet. Many pairs of strappy sandals in bright yellows and reds and blues have made it onto wishlists this summer but have sadly not been purchased... so these will have to do. I dug them out of a bag of clothes my mother tried to pawn off on me (okay, fair enough, they were my clothes...) one weekend many months ago, because they are yellow and that is my favorite color. The heel is a big low for my liking and they make an annoying flapping noise against my heel when I walk, but I was relieved when they came to the rescue this morning. I feel like they brighten the whole outfit!

Anyway, I was very good this morning and got up early to go running (!!!!) for the first time in about three months. I could only go about 3 miles (and I walked some of that) because I am so out of shape (and because I started having some weird inner-ear pain), but this was a big step toward getting me back into the routine. It was a treat to sit down and enjoy my granola with nectarine in the early morning sun, rather than scarfing down a bagel on the run like I usually do.

I had a pretty good weekend, but it went by wayyyy too fast. Some of the fun:

Harry Potter matinee on our sweltering Saturday
Fishing (him) and reading (her) at Shelburne Pond
Creemees on the stoop
Day trip to Quechee Gorge
Cocktails on the porch at J. Morgan's
Celebratory birthday dinner for my little brother (big 2-0) at Sarducci's

And tonight... white wine spritzers and The Bachelorette!
So far, this summer is a slam dunk :)

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable dress. I love the colors and how the patterns change.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look adorable and not pregnant! I love the crazy print on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress and shoes are lovely! I hate website sizing though; it's always all over the place. Sounds like another perfect summer weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dress is crazy cute and it does not make you look pregnant. That being said, I have completely giving up on ModCloth's sizing notes...they never seem to get it right. Such a shame because their clothes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is soo cute, I love the mixing of the two prints, perfect summer dress!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, thats great :D
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. those shoes are so good!! and you look like a SEXY cupcake, don't worry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this dress is so fun with the mixed prints. And your yellow shoes are perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete