Tuesday, July 26, 2011

in which i babble about my baubles

Photobucket

Whenever I wear this necklace I feel the need to ramp up the "cute" factor in my outfit. Probably because it's so incredibly charming. I always did have an affinity for rainbow-inspired accessories... I remember picking up a bunch of sparkly butterfly clips (remember those?) on the 8th grade trip to Montreal in every color of the rainbow, and I wore a set of glittery rainbow jelly bracelets from Hot Topic (remember that store?) in my latter high school years (when I also wore blue eyeshadow and was quite fond of duckling memorabilia). What can I say? The glitter matched my gleaming braces...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(shirt/skirt: thrifted; socks: uo; shoes: payless; necklace: jewelmint)

Since joining Jewelmint I have yet to find another piece that screams its worthiness of the $30 price tag, but I would have joined the site for this necklace alone. We're having a love affair. I really wish that I were more of a jewelry person, but I still have to actively make an effort to remember to accessorize in the mornings. I'm always envious of those girls who can throw on a thousand baubles and manage to look effortless (I have similar envy for those who can toss their hair up in an "effortless" bun, while the perfect upknot continues to elude me).

Last night I finally cooked up the beets & greens from the farmer's market, but it would seem that I did not wash the greens thoroughly enough because they were a bit... crunchy. Oh well, at least we had asparagus mac&cheese to subsist on :) You live, you learn, yes?

5 comments:

  1. I can see why youd have a love affair with that necklace, it's so wonderful. And so cute with the polka dot top and that skirt.
    Ugh I get so jealous when I see girls you can effortlessly wear their hair up, I struggle!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee, I hate it when I don't wash things properly before cooking!

    That necklace continues to be da bomb. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the necklace. Anything that is a little bit whimsical and cute is perfect in my book. Sorry to hear about the unexpectedly crunchy greens! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much of a jewelry person either but that necklace is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is super cute. I really love this simple, adorable outfit. The socks and mary janes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete