Friday, June 3, 2011

in which i consider my colors

Photobucket

Looks like I'm continuing along with a similar sort of color scheme today--burgundy and green are not colors that I generally associate with spring/summer, but I decided that my nautical-inspired stripes were warm-weather appropriate enough :) This did get me thinking about colors though, and the prejudice against wearing certain hues when they are not "in season" (I thought about this on Monday as well, wearing black on a sunny day). It might be an interesting challenge to try to incorporate a different color into my wardrobe every week, all week, in a seasonally-appropriate way. A mini-challenge, if you will. Maybe I'll try it... and start out with something easy, like blue :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(skirt/purse/sunglasses: vintage; scarf/shoes: thrifted; shirt: tjmaxx)

Today is my little brother's birthday (23?? Really?? I'm so old...), so the family (+K) is going out to dinner tonight at Sarducci's, our old favorite. I might actually order something different this time, since I've basically been eating my usual choice every night for the past few weeks. Mixin' it up! Craaaaazy. Do you guys have favorite restaurants where you go often and always order the same thing? Or is that just me? I'm weird. I fixate on food.

Gosh, thank god it's Friday, right? So ready for the weekend... have a happy one!

13 comments:

  1. Love this skirt.
    I've never been good at 'seasonally appropriate' colors(or at appropriate in general), but this outfit seem very 'springy' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, but I think both these "fall colours" look just fine in the Spring. Especially as it seems a bit overcast anyway. It also looks kind of like Borneo in that jungle where you're now posing!

    As for food, it is really hard to choose different things! I usually can get myself to do it once of twice, so then I have about three favourites to choose from, but don't deviate after that. What's the food at this Sarducci's place? Typical Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color scheme! I'm always wearing "fall colors" in summer or vice versa, but I don't think it matters much. This outfit looks very summery to me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous, I really love the scarf and the little heels! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing. I love this color scheme you have going on. How do you make your hair like that?? It looks fantastically retro, I love it! You bag is amazing - I have one similar, except mine is green and brown :)

    xo,
    Kirstin Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour scheme is sooo great on you, and it looks summer appropriate with the pieces you're wearing! I love fall colours so much, sometimes in the summer it's hard to resist wearing them. That scarf is fantastic, Happy Weekend!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel! I just took a picture of myself in this red dress... it looks like it should be worn on christmas day or something. but I didn't feel like waiting till christmas.

    My favorite part of your outfit is your scarf. It's so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love this outfit. i am drawn to warmer "fall" colours more than i am any other and i tend to wear them year round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no rules just right! I think you should wear whatever colors you feel like. You look very fancy in this outfit, I think its the scarf that adds that fancy touch :) I dont think Portland is too far from me, Im in West Hartford. Maybe next summer we could meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh yes, I have one or two restaurants that I go to and I always get the same thing, I just love the dishes so much I have to get them. I really love your hair that way, it's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bah! on the whole "seasonal appropriateness" thing! I'm always so surprised when people think it's just the weirdest thing when I wear summery dresses in the winter. It doesn't seem like a big deal if I'm inside all day and not even walking (that much) in the 6 ft snow drifts!!!... I love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're just rockin' the Australian autumn colors ;) I love these colors for spring actually because they're bright and well matched. Also the idea of incorporating different colors is great!
    PS--I know exactly which resort you're thinking of with the tree houses!!! I tried to convince my parents to take me there FOR YEARS. I would go in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah love everything about this outfit!! and love your blog!! you got amazing style ♥

    http://msminik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete