Wednesday, May 4, 2011

in which i'm standing in the rain

Photobucket

I'm staaaaaaanding in the rain, just staaaaaanding in the rain...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(jacket/scarf/belt: thrifted; socks/bag: uo; shoes: seychelles)

Since it is going to rain all week, I'm back to my dark color palette. Maybe I'll attempt to let this little light of mine shine with brighter colors tomorrow. Or maybe not. I find that I'm not quiiiiiiiite ready to let go of my wintry greys and blacks and burgundys just yet. Isn't it funny how that happens

Some happy thoughts for this rainy Hump Day:

*I love the train that rumbles through town right around bedtime, like the Dream Express*
*I love eating the same sandwich every single night and savoring every bite*
*I love the rain on the rooftop, even if I don't love it on my head*
*I love a glass of wine and a good book and watching droplets chase each other down the windowpane*
*I love that droplets have a competitive streak*
*I love Glee*
*I love that I've finally stopped biting my nails (again, for now)*
*I kind of like my bangs this way, even if I'm not quite ready to move on from the blunt fringe*
*I love listening to VPR on my way to work*
*I love listening to (and okay, singing loudly along with) Lady Gaga on my commute home*
*I love Vermont, even when it rains*

11 comments:

  1. You look like a really chic english professor today! I live by the train tracks and I love the trains, even the ones that shake my house so much I wake up in the middle of the night! Ugh, I need to stop biting my nails again. I don't even know when I started again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rainy day look, that jacket belted is wonderful!! Love the kick your scarf gives everything. And your list of things made me smile, rain is so calming sometimes
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mixture of stripes and polka dots here, especially since they're both in the same hue.

    Yeah, public radio! I listen to Northeast Public Radio during my morning commute. And I love how you described rain droplets as having a competitive streak. I smiled in amused relief that someone else has noticed this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great outfit, perfect for a rainy day. Your happy thought made me smile - glee, wine and a good book are the best ways to enjoy the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute cold weather outfit, I love the OTK socks with the oxfords! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. in which I tell you you are a bad ass for standing in the rain and getting cute shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shoes and bag. The outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the way you tied that scarf! And I'm so much more comfortable with the dark color palettes of fall and winter, so I'm okay that you busted it out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabuloous look dear! Seriously, every little detail is so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! so preppy and pretty! it's hard for me as well to put away grey when it's raining

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Vermont too! And miss it so, so much! Even when it rains! Loving your gray/blue/brown color scheme...spring is just not ready to commit yet!

    ReplyDelete