Tuesday, May 24, 2011

in which i wore blue velvet

Photobucket

Ohhh Tuesday. I really need to do laundry. I haven't done a load since K has been gone (which works out to about two weeks!) because I can't be bothered to go to the laundramat by myself. I hate the laundramat with a fiery passion, and it doesn't help that I have to pay hard earned money to power the machines and drive 20 minutes out of my way to get to the damn place. Not happening. Anyway, this is the sort of crazy outfit that comes out of my laziness.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blazer: antique shop; skirt: forever 21; blouse: thrifted; shoes: seychelles)

I love this blue velvet blazer but find it impossibly difficult to style. I have a habit of collecting blazers and then never really wearing them because they don't really fit into my wardrobe--if I were more inclined to menswear this would be great, but I'm really just not. This skirt was another questionable purchase because it also doesn't really seem to have a home in my closet, but I still like it. Man, I'm feeling hard to please today.


One thing that does please me: I'll be hosting my very first giveaway tomorrow, courtesy of Shabby Apple! Yay! Stay tuned...

12 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've just discovered your blog. I like your nice shirt. I am a buttoned up lover and like a lot to wear it and to see this type of look on women.

    Best regards from Barcelona, and sorry for my bad english. I'm improving it step by step. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh blue velvet, I love it. It looks super cute with this skirt. I have a purple velvet jacket and it's the hardest thing to style in my wardrobe. Maybe I'll put my hard to style items together and i'll have a cute outfit like yours!

    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I thrifted a blue velvet blazer about two years ago and I have never worn it! Not once! I just can't figure out how to wear it!

    I love the bright shirt with it, it's a fun mix of girly and menswear inspired pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VELVET!!
    I should've possessed one in my closet... It's such a versatile one. And you look utterly cool! I mean in a sweet way..
    I love the topknot too. I think you made it seems easy to by styled! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have the same problem. I have a least 4 blazers in my closet and I think I have worn them each maybe once. Such a shame. I like the way you styled yours though. I

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blazer and skirt! You look great as always!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I used to have a blazer like that (from a thrift store) years ago and I wore it all the time. At some point it just fell apart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outfit's great, despite it being a result of not having any other clothes to wear, haha! I really love all the clashing colours and textures. It really does work, and your shoes are lovely.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, the buttoned up collar lover has found you too! We must give him so much buttoned up pleasure between us.

    Any-way... this may be the result of not doing laundry (erm, I do laundry once a month, or whenever I run out of underwear, whichever comes first), but it's still pretty sweet. My wardrobe is full of things I only wear occasionally but just love and won't get rid of, so I definitely see the place of the skirt and blazer in your closet.

    P.S. I always love your five year old Easter outfits... but it seems we have similar feelings about the socks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this, I have lots of random items that I love but can never seem to work out how to wear. I like this, I have a black velvet blazer and this is giving me some ideas. Also great skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so smart! The over all feel I get from your outfit is "professional... but I love the circus!" I've been searching for a velvet blazer for years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi

    may I ask what they please,to the velvet blazer


    very important to me

    Please please contact me

    greeting

    ReplyDelete