Friday, May 20, 2011

in which i will have a pleasant trip

Photobucket
It would seem that lately I am quite enamored of monochromatic print-mixing. And hats.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(blouse/skirt/hat: thrifted; shoes: kohl's; necklace: diy)

It was actually really nice yesterday evening, so I got some takeout from China Star on my way home (fried bean curd and veggies in spicy garlic sauce!) and read my book by the riverside in our local park:
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was quite lovely until little league practice started nearby and scores of screaming children were hitting balls dangerously close to my head. I like to live on the edge, but in this case I just wanted to read my book (Edith Wharton's "Summer") in peace. Still, I stuck around until the sun started to set. I go back and forth between wanting to live in a more urban area and daydreaming about the countryside, and this did make me wish I had a field of my very own to lay in.
In other news, my fortune read: "You will have a pleasant trip." I sure hope so, because last night I booked a flight out west to meet up with one of my dear friends as she takes an extended roadtrip along the other coast before buckling down and going to law school in Austin (where I also can't wait to visit her!). I'll be flying into Albuquerque, and we'll drive through New Mexico, Utah, and down to Las Vegas for our last hurrah before I jet back in time for the July 4th festivities in my little town with my loverman. Pretty effing excited. It's a little bittersweet though, because I have a bit of a guilt complex about leaving K at home while I go gallivanting around the country, which is why I've tended to avoid such trips with my girlfriends in the past few years (long ladies' weekends excepted). I've just always felt that I should have those sorts of adventures with him now, especially since he hasn't traveled nearly as much as I have and it's not like I have a whole lot of money to throw around on multiple long vacations (besides, I had plenty of exciting travels with my gal pals before I met him--it's his turn!). I don't know, I'm weird like that. How about you guys? Do you avoid making extensive travel plans without your significant others? Or are you one of those footloose and fancyfree gals who goes whichever way the wind blows?

14 comments:

  1. I wish I was one of those footlosse and fancyfree girls but alas I am not. I haven't been on a big trip in ages. I should really plan one. Note to self, plan vacation romp with pals. Okay now that that is done, onward to your cute outfit. Love that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your monochromatic print mixing.

    I evidently make lots of travel plans with and without the boy. I'd be pretty happy if he came on all the trips (except the occasional pally or family retreat), but sometimes it just doesn't work out, damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the matching colours! I think you look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your cute top and skirt, the colours are to die for! cute hat too you always look so lovely and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pattern mixing here, it makes the red really pop.

    A Southwest road trip sounds amazing. I'm jealous and hope you have a lot of wonderful pictures to post.

    I just read your Myers-Brigg post and I'm completely opposite of you ESTJ ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit. Your style is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the patterns on the top and that skirt! The colour is so great on you too
    Your trip sounds amazing! I am really jealous I want to take a trip like that. Me and my boyfriend were just talking about this! I'd like to travel with friends and him as well

    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great - love the pattern mixing :)

    I am one of those terribly coupled up girls. Joined at the hip. Work and study related travel is all we do alone, the rest happens in couple-dom. Some of my married work colleagues seem to spend most of their time apart and can't understand how much time I spend with my husband while I find it hard to believe that they can spend days or weeks without seeing each other without getting spouse withdrawal. Different strokes ;)

    Your planned travel sounds pretty awesome though :D Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!

    I borrowed one of your photos again for an inspiration post over at my blog! I hope that's okay for you? Let me know if not.
    You can check it out here:

    http://badtastetoasttoast.blogspot.com/2011/05/summing-up-favourites-5-everyday-skirts.html


    Happy Sunday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this look. i love all your hats. i have just recently begun a hat collection of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely! that skirt & shirt looks amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh oh how I love this. Your monochromatic pattern mixing is a dream.

    Sounds like an exciting trip! I'm currently a lady alone, so no guilt complexes when it comes to traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dude you look so adorable!!!! love this whole look on you. and i am so ready to get the heck out of town and do some traveling. if only money grew on trees :)

    ReplyDelete