Tuesday, May 10, 2011

in which i ruffle it

Photobucket

It would seem the time has come to change my photo location. The sun is too bright and too high now, and the trees cast their stripey shadows all over the road I usually stand on. Curses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(skirt/blouse: thrifted; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles; necklace: jewelmint; earrings: gift)

Today's outfit is all about ruffles (ruffles on my socks, ruffles on my blouse)! While it's pretty simple, I do like it. And I like that the white blouse nicely showcases my statement necklace. Jewelry and shoes are the only two (material) things that I feel are worthwhile to splurge on. These shoes have been amazing, and while the salty roads rather ruined them, they're still the best shoes in my closet (and fully worth the price tag). And this necklace is a true gem. At $30, it's the most expensive piece of jewelry I own (clearly I am a cheapskate, but that's neither here nor there). I'm too much of a klutz (and too lazy) to spend lots and lots of money on my actual garments. I'm always spilling something or ripping something or refusing to dry clean. But quality shoes and baubles can surprisingly survive my abuse, so I am a convert. Sometimes it does make sense to make an investment :)

So yesterday was pretty miserable and I was pretty grumpy, and after work we had to do laundry. But K was nice and didn't talk to me while I read my back issue of Vanity Fair at the laundromat, and then he went into the grocery store to buy coffee and came out with a surprise box of chocolate covered cherries for me! It's the little things :) My mood was instantly lifted, and I went home and wrote a couple of scenes for my screenplay, drank a glass of wine, and watched Uncorked (which seems to have about five million different titles on IMDB) on Netflix. All's well that ends well, I say.

13 comments:

  1. I love how the blouse gives the whole look a prim and proper vibe! I have those shoes in black and totally agree, they've stood up to me wearing them in the slush all winter like champs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the skirt, and the whole outfit has a very springy vibe!!

    sunshinepearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your hair styled that way, super cute. Also, LOVE the frilly socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your are wearing that darling necklace again! Swoon!

    I really like todays outfit, so simple and my favorite color combo, blue, white and brown

    x

    p.s. laundry is the worst

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great skirt! I love it with all the ruffles, I don't spurge on clothes usually. I think the most expensive item in my closet is probably my winter coat which was necessary
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great necklace. I think I need more statement jewelery. Really like the skirt. It looks like a great texture and something that will go with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look adorable! love your shoes with socks and your skirt is lovely


    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the necklace, the lone heart amid the triangles is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to pick up a day! I'm missing wine at the moment: I'm currently staying with two girls who don't like it. It's painful, as wine is enhanced by company

    Anyway, clearly those shoes and that necklace were key investments... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!

    I also like a lot ruffles! They are very girly:)
    I like a lot your vintage sense of style and have become a follower:)

    I would really appreciate it if you visited my blog:

    Stories and Sequins

    and become a follower if you wish:)

    Thank you in advance!

    Chrysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant ruffles :) Great to see your pretty necklace close up - your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit, and that necklace is adorable! Glad to hear your day turned around, and it's definitely the little things that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is the most perfect outfit, love the shoes, socks and shirt especially.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete