Friday, May 13, 2011

in which i encounter a swamp thing

Photobucket

This was a very blue week. It would seem that I wore blue hues every day (not that you know that about yesterday because BLOGGER ATE MY POST instead of "temporarily" removing it). I'm becoming increasingly unimpressed with these free online sites (first photobucket, which I actually DO pay for, which made it more annoying, now blogger...). Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for. I just think that poor people deserve an equal opportunity for an internet presence :) There was also a plethora of polka dots on this here blog, and today is no exception.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: forever 21; hat/scarf: thrifted; chambray: walmart; shoes: kohl's)

I do love this little jumper dress, but it isn't very photogenic. The material is that weird so-stretchy-it's-shiny variety (jersey-ish?) and the polka dots have a tendency to get lost in sunlight. Still, it's awesome. I can't wait to wear it in the summertime with a straw hat and bare shoulders :) It's another beautiful day here in VT and I probably could have worn this dress sans chambray and socks even now except that the AC in my office has a tendency to plunge my area into arctic temperatures on and off throughout the day.

One thing is for sure: I'm delighted that it is the weekend! I'm going to spend tonight getting caught up on Harry Potter with a creature that crawled out of the swamp this morning:

Photobucket

I think I'll keep him.
(Oh dear, he'll be so mad I posted this...)

7 comments:

  1. I am still holding out hope that blogger magically restores the posts... This outfit is positively adorable. You always make me want to go thrifting for hats! And that last photo is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Love your swamp creature (in a platonic way, obviously)! ; )

    Blogger was verrrry annoying today, but I guess it could have happened to anyone. Still, I probably wouldn't be so philosophical if it ate my post. You could always repost it?

    Aaand, I love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable in that outfit - I never would've picked to put a shirt under a dress like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so cute. I love your writing it's always hilarious. On top of you being adorable and chic you are also such a funny writer. Your blogs are always entertaining. I am so glad I follow

    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this outfit:) I really need to get some straw hats but I'm always scared that if I buy a hat from a thrift store the last person to have owned it will have had head lice. Then I'd get head lice. And that's my biggest fear. Anyway, I want your shoes and love how they look with the socks and the entire outfit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is so cute, I love the dress over the denim one. Its so pretty, and I can picture it being really great with just a straw hat in the summertime
    Last picture made me giggle sooo hard.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete