Wednesday, May 11, 2011

in which i connect the dots

Photobucket

Hooray for navy blue and polka dots, one of my all-time favorite combinations! This outfit feels a little too close to Monday's get-up for comfort, but whatever. It's different. Best of all, I have a whole lot of polka going on. I've decided my new favorite thing is belting untucked shirts. I was going to tuck this one in, but my skirt is seriously too short when I pull it up to my natural waist and belt it instead of letting it hang on my hips. I like this better anyway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blouse/skirt/scarf/belt: thrifted; shoes: seychelles; socks: uo; ring: gift; earrings: claire's)

I feel like I should officially change the name of my blog to "How to Wear the Same Shoes and Belt Every Single Day," because that's basically what I do. This is an unbeatable combination, which I will never tire of. I hope you guys won't tire of it, either. For someone with such a serious affection for footwear, it's kind of funny that I go back to Old Blimey day after day.

It has been absolutely beautiful here this week, and while the stunning sunshine does render about half of my outfit photos useless due to silly squinting faces (I am a MAJOR squinter--I squint even on overcast winter days), I must admit that the blue skies and lush greenery can't be beat :) Happy Hump Day, everyone! We're halfway there :)

16 comments:

  1. navy blue and brown are my favorite! (although i think i said the same things about the colors in your last post) ha...you just get it right girl and this shirt tucked out looks awesome
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this outfit. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the necktie! very retro and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute look <3 I love the blouse xoxo

    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the polka dots! And I felt like I should name my blog the same thing a few months ago. Then I made my belt go on vacation for a bit. But there's no getting away from the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for a double helping of dots :) Love the detail (different pattern?) at the hem of your skirt. And nope, not anticipating getting tired of those shoes and belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you look so cuuute! I love the dots and all the nice details in this look, like the shoes with the adorable socks and the ring and all! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahha u r funny (the good way) and lovely :)
    xoxo from athens, greece
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the tiny dots are so cute! I love the way you wore the scarf like a tie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is adorable! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. so lovely you came by lemoncake wardrobe and dropped a comment.. :)
    yes italy is indeed a neighbor country... its a shame u came so close but didnt make it to greece :P
    hows Vermont? i ve never been to this side of the planet! :)
    do u travel frequently???
    xxx
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. your outfits have been extra great lately

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit. I live in Burlington, VT. Came across your blog on Bow Ties Are Cool. Nice to know that there is another fashion VT blogger around. Although I blog about just about everything. Anyhow so happy I found your blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i truly and absolutely love this style sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What you said youd change your blog name to really made me laugh. I have one pair of shoes I ALWAYS reach for and one belt that I definiely favor.
    I love the polka dot top with this skirt, they were meant to be worn together, gorgeous
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete