Monday, May 23, 2011

in which i brighten up

Photobucket

Happy Monday, everyone! It's still pretty grey outside so I decided to brighten up this morning. This outfit was one of those that kind of came together haphazardly as I tried desperately to steer clear of my usual habits (it was a real struggle for me not to belt the cardigan and now I kind of wish I had). I also went straight for my mary janes, but decided at the last minute to wear a pair of long-neglected side-button booties. These used to be old favorites before Blimey came into my life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress/cardigan: h&m; socks: uo; shoes: dsw; necklace: jewelmint)

This outfit is kind of a blast from the past in every way, because both the cardigan and dress were bought at H&M back when I was in college (holy smokes, four years +), and I used to wear this little babydoll all the time.

In other news, I had a great weekend. Friday night I guilted my parents into taking me out to dinner at the restaurant across the street (Toscano), where I savored my goat cheese ravioli with tomatoes and wilted spinach (um YUM) and pinot grigio (and dreamy cappucino chocolate mousse) and fully enjoyed myself. My parents are awesome. Saturday I got some errands out of the way early in the morning and then went for a run (!), which was made a bit more difficult due to the incredibly thick, humid air, but felt good at the time (not so good afterward--I can still hardly walk because I neglected my stretches). That night some friends threw a karaoke party and I had a grand old time sipping fancy blue curacao cocktails (complete with umbrella and orange garnish!), singing at the top of my lungs (note to self: cannot keep up with Lady Gaga's lyrics, "All That Jazz" and "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" are much better options), and playing glow-in-the-dark bocce in the backyard. It's been too long since I've been to an honest-to-goodness party. And clearly I am out of shape for this sort of revelry--the next day I felt less than stellar. Still, totally worth it.

Annnnnd now I have my nose back to the old grindstone, but K comes home on Wednesday night (yay!) and I'll be off to Albuquerque in less than a month (woo-hoo)!

5 comments:

  1. This outfit is just the cutest thing :D I was definitely in the process of scrolling down to see where the dress came from then realized you wrote about it. I definitely have "blast from the past" dresses. But mine are from high school, not college, since I'm in college now. Hehe. I hardly wear them but can't find the nerve to get rid of them, since I dig them out every once in a while.

    I love the navy + red combo. And adoore the ankle socks :)

    + random, but my uncle lives in Albuquerque (I also just now realized that I had no idea how to spell Albuquerque. guess I do now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tired of all this rain, but it is turning New England into a sudden lush jungle.
    Also...the rain means I can keep layering, so I guess I'm ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those shoes and think they should come back into regular rotation! And hurray for parties, we could all use more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is reallty cute, the babydoll dress is ridiculously cute on you. That cardigan is really cool, so retro and awesome!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Navy + red = perfection!
    I love your necklace, its the cutest quirky thing ever!
    You're looking fresh... And happy. Maybe that's because of the good things on weekend and the upcoming trip? Lucky girl! <3

    ReplyDelete