Thursday, December 16, 2010

ice princess

If you read Starr's blog (and if you don't, you should), you will probably recognize that this outfit is a pretty blatant imitation of her homage to Marie Antoinette.

(dress: Modcloth; lace top: Saver's; thigh-highs: TJMaxx; shoes: Seychelles; nail polish: American Apparel)

Just because the weather outside is frightful, it doesn't mean that we should always have to bury our femininity under layers of bulky sweaters and other (necessary) knits... right? As for the winterization of warm-weather dresses, Summer's cerulean sky becomes Winter's ice blue, and I feel like an Ice Princess with this snow-inspired color scheme (despite the sun-inspired dress).

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This outfit is so amazing. I love the floral with the lace poking out, and the socks, oh the socks! Everything is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable, Caitlin! You are making me want to whip off these tights I am wearing and add some wonderful thigh highs instead.

    xoxo
    Amy

    P.S. I wish it would snow in Boston... it just doesn't feel like Christmas without a little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starr's blog is rahter inspiring.
    Love where you've taken this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute and dainty outfit, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are adorable and perfect in the snow!!

    http://ilfilodiperlevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cute!!!!

    www.lahabitaciondelaspequenascosas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the lace and florals is well paired

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so great seeing you in lace and florals in the cold, you are a beautiful ice princess!!

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is pretty blatant, but I loved hers and love yours! ; ) And I generally prefer florals in the winter; I find them a bit twee in the summer. I do like that lace top, am looking for a cheap one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! There's something almost "modern day Heidi" about this. I half expect the pictures to start shouting "Grandfather! Grandfather!"

    Love it! Yay for being a girly-girl despite the ridiculous cold!

    ReplyDelete