Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the noiseless care of a blue violet

It's Hump Day and I'm feeling on the verge of illness. Silly cold weather = sore throat. Hopefully my immune system can beat it before it takes over my whole upper respiratory system, but I might have to spend the day sucking down cough drops like candy (little known fact: in high school I used to literally eat cough drops like candy--I'd go through bag after bag of those Halls lemon drops. I can't remember exactly how that started. It was probably another ploy to trick myself out of nailbiting by keeping my oral fixation under wraps).

(trench coat: H&M; cardigan: Ruche; tunic: Plato's Closet; belt: Goodwill; booties: Seychelles)

Did you have any weird addictive phases when you were younger? I also ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich every single day throughout elementary and high school (and then I went to college and switched to Starbucks), but that probably had more to do with the fact that my mother packed my lunch (and made me ride the damn schoolbus) until graduation day :)

6 comments:

  1. I also had loads of peanut butter and honey sandwiches (also peanut butter and jam, and peanut butter and banana). And started a latte addiction in first year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. super chic look! hope ya feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cardigan is so cute! I'm pretty sure I almost purchased it about 5 times until it finally sold out, boo!
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry you aren't feel well, hope you get better!

    love that cardigan, the ruffles are great

    I've never had a staple food item because I get bored to quickly to eat the same thing for more than one week haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in LOVE with that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete