Monday, April 19, 2010

a love affair: the chambray story

This weekend, I fell in love.

It's only natural. I mean, K was out of town (in Maine, visiting his grandfather).

So, I'll admit it. I cheated on him with this lovely chambray shirt. We spent some quality time on the town, shopping together until my credit cards hurt. And in that time I discovered that, well, we just fit.

So I fell. Hard. Can you blame me?

(chambray shirt: Walmart, $10; skirt: UO; belt: thrifted; shoes: Kohl's; socks: Walmart)

I am rather ashamed to admit that we (chambray and I) met at Walmart. (I'm even more ashamed to admit that Miley Cyrus was apparently somehow involved in the design and/or production of this particular shirt. I chose to overlook that fact.) K and I went in to find some cheap bookcases and I walked out with a shirt, socks, and hangers (no bookcases... yet). I'm a sucker for a bargain! I am not a sucker for supporting child labor in third world countries, which is why I try to avoid places like Walmart until I realllllly reallllly need something cheap.

I also wore this shirt on Sunday. To go shopping. Again. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how I styled it :)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. regardless of miley it is a great chambray and you styled it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute, I can see how you fell for it ;]
    and that skirt is great too, it reminds me of peppermint candy!

    ReplyDelete