Monday, April 26, 2010

hat hat hat hat hat

Yowza, what a weekend! K and I were incredibly productive, but didn't get a whole lot of rest. We were working on a little project, which I'll elaborate on tomorrow. We still have one last thing to do before it can be considered officially "finished."

One other awesome thing that came out of this weekend: this hat. K sent me to the post office on Saturday morning to drop off our Netflix because (for once) I was ready before he was. It was a lovely stroll, but I didn't get far before I was sucked in by the window display of the little thrift store on our street. This precious little straw hat was perched atop a dummy in a denim dress. I didn't have any cash, so I asked the woman working there to hold it for me until we finished our many errands.

The very best part: it was $3.50! That leaves enough left over for me to get another little straw hat in a different color :)

The only disappointment of the weekend was that the creemee stand was closed. I was seriously craving some rainbow-sprinkled soft-serve all weekend long (and deserved it, after all of my hard work!)

Because of that disappointment, however, I discovered something even better! There is a shop on the corner of Main Street that K kept talking up a storm about because it was a butcher shop. Assuming that it was a butcher shop and nothing else, I never gave it another thought. And then K suggested that we go there because they supposedly served creemees (they don't) and it was an awesome little hole-in-the-wall grocery store! With everything I love and crave in stock (an olive oil dispenser! Huge blocks of goat cheese! All of our favorite breads from local bakeries! Vegetarian samosas! Pie! Ben and Jerry's! Our beloved Green Mountain salsa! Fill-your-own spices! Ripe, ripe avocados! Fiddleheads! I love discovering little things that make me love our new town even more!

(boyfriend jeans: GAP; shirt: TJMaxx; scarf/hat: thrifted; shoes: Kohl's)

These are the closest thing I have to "boyfriend jeans." My actual boyfriend's jeans would never work in a million years because he's a foot taller than me... if I rolled them up it would look like I had enormous denim donuts around my shins.

One other fabulous thing that happened this weekend: I finally finished Infinite Jest! I was beginning to think that it would never happen and was exhausted by it--a brilliant and timeless book, but undeniably infinite. I rewarded myself by watching the Sex and the City movie. Again. (I'm realizing there is a pattern here... I sure like to reward myself for pretty much everything I do...)

Now, on to the next!

2 comments:

  1. cute hat

    oo that grocery store sounds like heaven!

    I have a few friends who are obsessed with infinite jest. one of them finally finished it last summer and then read it again like a month later b/c she's crazy. i couldn't get past the first 60 pages, but yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat! You look great, and the grocery store sounds so amazing! I'd love to live somewhere near shops & things to do.

    ReplyDelete