Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the white is right

So it's that time of year again...
Does anybody else hate whitening? Luckily I'm past the worst of it (my sensitive teeth scream in pain for the first few days of whitening treatment), but I absolutely dread opening a brand-new box of strips (knowing that I am willingly about to inflict unparalleled pain on my dental darlings... okay, I may be exaggerating, but it is unpleasant).

I've just come to terms with the fact that the pain is something I'm regularly going to have to experience (for the rest of my life..?) if my liquid diet continues to consist of coffee, tea, and red wine (which it will). Boo.


I guess it's not much different from wearing almost-too-small-heels and walking the entire length and/or width of a city proper (cough, Boston, cough, often)... It's a price I must pay if my height is to remain a paltry 5 feet, 2 inches (which it will). Besides, I like the clickety-clack of a high-heeled shoe on cobblestones or concrete.


I am endlessly amused by the excruciating pain we (women) are willing to suffer for the sake of style & beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment