Wednesday, September 23, 2009

downtown crossing

On Saturday, my college roommate got hitched to her boyfriend of seven years (!)

I've been indulging in my fair share of Wedding Blogs lately (because they're just so lovely to look at) Everyone is so smilingly, lit-from-within beautiful and modern wedding ceremonies are so creative and personalized it is almost as if you can get a sense of who the couple really are just by glancing through their photographs.

It was an intimate ceremony in the surprisingly luxe Wang Theatre in downtown Boston (my Date and I took the T, which significantly cut down on the glam-factor) and was lively while still retaining its class.

The bride was gorgeous, the food was delightfully untraditional... the officiant even quoted Tom Robbins (one of my favorite writers of all time!):

The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.


How true, Mr. Robbins! You need to write a new book so I can be inspired and awakened by the written word once again!

In the meantime, this is what I wore:

After the festivities, fueled by red wine and dinner and dancing, K&I thought it might be nice to stroll the 2.7 miles back to the hotel.

For some reason (maybe a rapid release of walking-induced endorphins) we started speaking in New Zealand accents (which is really rock and roll) and actually succeeded in fooling a fellow and his lady-friend into thinking we were legit NZ rock n' rollers out on the town! I think my accent-abilities are heightened after a couple glasses of vino, because on an average day I can't fake for my life.

All-in-all, a good night... and I got my fix of feathers&ruffles&lace for a little while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment